At Bubbles Pre-school, we are committed to ensuring that any personal data we hold about you and your child is protected in accordance with data protection laws and is used in line with your expectations.
This privacy notice is to make sure you are fully aware of what personal data we collect, why we collect it and how we use it and how we protect it. Bubbles Pre-school is the Data Controller for the purposes of the General Data Protection Regulation.
What Personal Information We Collect:
- Personal Information (such as names, address, dates of birth, email address, telephone numbers, and photographs)
- Characteristics (such as ethnicity, language, nationality, country of birth, special educational needs and relevant medical information)
- Attendance Information, such as sessions attendance, absences and reasons for absence
Personal information and characteristics are collected from you directly, in the registration form.
Where applicable we will obtain child protection plans from social care and health care plans from health professionals.
We will also ask for information about who has parental responsibility for your child and any court orders pertaining to your child.
If you apply for up to 30 hours free childcare, we will also collect:
- Your national insurance number or unique taxpayer reference (UTR), if you’re self employed. We may also collect information regarding benefits and family credits that you are in receipt of.
Why We Collect This Information and the Legal Basis For Handling Your Data
We collect and use information in compliance with the General Data Protection Regulation (2018) and the Education Act 1996. We use personal data about you and your child in order to provide childcare services and to fulfil the contractual arrangement you have entered into. This includes using your data to:
- Reserve and maintain your child’s place at Bubbles (administration purposes)
- Contact you in case of an emergency
- Support your child’s well being and development
- To manage any special educational, health or medical needs of your child whilst at Bubbles
- Monitor and report on your child’s progress
- Assess how well your child is doing
- Assess the quality of our services
- Communicate with you and keep you informed
- Ensure we receive appropriate funding
We have a legal obligation to process safeguarding related data about your child should we have concerns about their welfare.
Sharing Your Information
We will not give information about your child to anyone outside the setting without your consent unless the law and our rules allow us to.
When your child leaves Bubbles, we will pass transitional documents to the child’s forwarding school. This contains personal information such as the child’s name, date of birth, special educational needs, relevant medical information, progress report, and personal characteristics such as likes and dislikes. This is done to assist the school to be informed and ready, ensuring the smooth transition of your child to their next setting. If the forwarding school/nursery uses Tapestry, the whole of the learning journal will be forwarded to the child’s new setting.
In order for us to deliver childcare services, we may also share your data as required with the following categories of recipients:
- Ofsted – during an inspection or following a complaint about our services.
- The local Authority (where you claim up to 30 hours free childcare as applicable)
- Our insurance underwriter
We will also share your data if:
- We are legally required to do so, for example, by law, by a court or the Charity Commission
- To enforce or apply the terms and conditions of your contract with us.
- To protect your child and other children; for example by sharing information with social care or the police;
- It is necessary to protect our rights, property or safety
We are required to keep certain personal information including registers, medication record books and accident record books pertaining to the children for at least 3 years after the child has left Bubbles (sometimes much longer, if legally required). This is in order to comply with ‘Early Years Foundation Stage Welfare Requirements’ (given legal force by Childcare Act 2006) and other legislation (e.g. Limitation Act 1980/The Statute of Limitations (Amendment) Act 1991).
We store information in a number of ways:
- In paper form (such as registration forms, accident books, incident records and attendance records)
- Electronically (such as accounts, invoicing and registration details)
- Tapestry – your child’s progress and learning journey is recorded electronically on our Tapestry software. Tapestry holds photographs, video clips, observations and reports on your child, which are deleted once your child leaves us. Tapestry has it’s own privacy procedures which comply with the General Data Protection Regulation (2018), and we have an E-Safety Policy. Copies of these can be made available on request. We will not set up a Tapestry account for your child until we have received your signed permission to do so.
All information is stored securely within the United Kingdom and is disposed of in a secure way, once we are no longer required to keep it.
Your rights with respect to your data
You have the right to:
- Request access, amend or correct your or your child’s personal data
- Request that we delete or stop processing your or your child’s personal data, for example where the data is no longer necessary for the purposes of processing; and
- Request that we transfer your, and your child’s personal data to another person
If parents/carers have a concern about the way we are collecting or using their personal data, they should, in the first instance, raise a concern with us. If you remain dissatisfied after raising your concern with us, you have the right complain to the Information Commissioners Office at https://ico.org.uk/concerns
We do not make any decisions about your child based solely on automated decision-making.
If you would like to discuss anything in this privacy notice, please contact Katy Gore, who is our Administrator and Data Protection Officer.